ISB Hyderabad Results
Indian School of Business which was established in 2001 has brought about several trends in management education in India and is now one of the top B-schools in India. ISB. Hyderabad is the first South Asian B-School to be accredited by the AASCB.
Admission to ISB is done on the basis of your GMAT score followed by a personal interview. The average GMAT score for admitted students ranges between 600 and 780, with one-fourth of the candidates scoring less than 700.
The results obtained by the students of the ISB PGP program are high and attractive. Students fetched better results than ever and most of them were placed in big organizations. The results attract the best recruiters to ISB, Hyderabad.
- More and more number of participating companies and offers: The integrated placement concept of ISB has reached out numerous recruiters and there is a significant increase in the number of offers and companies participating in the campus interview. Last year a total of 428 companies participated in the selection process and they have given almost 798 offers.
- Number of women students who excel in the PG programs remain to increase: Women students comprise 29% and they have done exceptionally well and continue to do so. They have received offers from various industrial verticals, for various roles. Women students from Indian School of Business have been selected for various strategic roles including directors, GMs and executive assistants. They are also selected for the role of regional managers, VPs and MDs. Last year the Axis bank selected almost 12 women students for their organization in various roles.
- Leadership programs from various companies: Following the results, companies from various sectors have brought in their leadership programs to ISB. The leadership programs contribute to almost 10% of the offers made each year. These mostly came from companies like Aditya Birla Group, Airtel, Axis bank, HCL, IBM, General Electric and Ranbaxy among many others.
- Sector that brought in the largest number of offers: The ISB results have resulted in bringing in more number of offers from the Technology sector. Almost 300 offers, from 53 companies were from the Technology sector last year. The companies include Apple, HCL. IBM, CTS, ITC InfoTech, Face book, Google, Microsoft, Wipro, among others. The second largest sector to bring in more offers was consulting. It contributed to 163 offers last year and around 30 companies came from the consulting sector. Few of these companies are Accenture, Deloitte, AT Kearney, Booz & Co, Ernst & Young, McKinsey & Company, Oliver Wyman, and PwC.
- The high results drove increased interest from the BFSI sector last year: Hiring in finance position rose this year and several leading banks and financial institutions participated in the hiring process. Almost 75 offers came from the BFSI sector and these companies included Goldman Sachs, ICICI, Citibank NA, Yes Bank, Standard Chartered bank, HSBC, UBS AG and other banks.
- Leading Pharma players make a steady hiring process: For almost the last 3 years the pharma and Biotech sector made a steady hiring process. They hired almost 58 students last year. The companies in the Pharma sector that participated in the hiring process includes leading players like Biocon, Johnson & Johnson, Max healthcare, Reddy's lab, Novartis, Ranbaxy, among others. ISB is proud to state that it is the only B-school that receives a steady hiring from the Pharma and Biotech sector because of the presence of many healthcare and pharma professionals.
- ISB results have always attracted leading functional choices: The two most common functional choices are Sales and Marketing. Sales and Marketing attracted 27% and 21% of students respectively and the companies that recruited in this segment includes Dabur India, Hindustan unilever, Arvind lifestyle brands, Videocon, Bharti Walmart, Reckitt Benckiser and Britannia.