MAT May 2019 - Dates, Registration, Admit Card, Syllabus
The Management Aptitude Test (MAT) is an all-India level entrance examination for admission into Master of Business Administration (MBA) and postgraduate (PG) diploma programs offered by different institutes in India and abroad. The Centre for Management Services (CMS) of the All India Management Association (AIMA) has been conducting the MAT since 1988.
Management institutes that offer admission to postgraduate management courses are AICTE (All Indian Council for Technical Education) approved and affiliated to different universities for the awarding of degrees and certificates. MAT has the unique distinction of being the first testing standard of its kind to be awarded with the ISO 9001: 2000 certification.
MAT was approved by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India as a national-level test in 2003.
MAT 20192 is being offered in two modes:
- MAT Online/Computer-based Test (CBT)
- MAT Paper-based Test (PBT)
MAT Exam Dates
MAT is conducted four times a year—in February, May, September, and December. The paper-based MAT is usually conducted on the first Sunday of the month that MAT is conducted in, which are February, May, September, and December, from 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. The computer-based MAT is conducted the following Saturday onward. If the number of test takers are limited for computer-based MAT, and can be tested in a single day, then the test takes place only on that Saturday, otherwise the test is continued to be held for more days.
MAT 2019 (May) exam dates have been announced by AIMA:
MAT September 2019 Important Dates
MAT Sept, 2019 (paper-based test)
1 September, 2019 (10 a.m. -12.30 p.m.)
MAT Sept, 2019 (computer-based test)
14 September, 2019 onward (with additional dates as needed)
- MAT Exam Date: 1 September, 2019 for paper-based test. If the number of test takers are limited and can be covered in a single day, then the computer based test will be conducted only on 14 September, 2019, otherwise the test will continue to be held for more days.
- Test Timing: The computer-based test will be conducted during different time slots at various test venues
Eligibility for MAT September 2019
To be eligible for MAT (September 2019),
- You should either be a graduate (in any discipline) or a final year student of any graduate course
- You should have minimum 50% marks in your graduation (45% for SC/OBC/ST categories)
Students appearing for MAT are not bound by any age limit or limits on the number of attempts.
MAT Application Form for September 2019
The online registration for the latest MAT has already started. To apply, a candidate has to visit the online portal of AIMA and fill the form given there. Candidates have the option of either completing the registration process online or taking a printout of the form available on the site and then sending it to the AIMA office in Delhi.
- For Online Registration: Fill the form, upload digital image of photograph, upload digital image of signature, and make the payment online. The last date for online registrations is 27 April, 2019. It is important that candidates retain a printout of the registration form for reference or in case of an issue with their admit card.
- For In-Person/Postal Registration: Candidates who have taken a printout of the application/registration form, need to affix a photograph, sign the form, and make the payment either through Demand Draft or through online payment.
The MAT 2019 application forms can be obtained online on the official AIMA site. The AIMA MAT 2019 Online Application procedure is uncomplicated and easy-to-follow.
MAT Fees for September 2019
Candidate can opt for both the tests i.e. PBT and CBT
Register online at website link: https://mat.aima.in/may18 with Credit Card/Debit Card (ATM Card) or Net Banking. The fees details are given below:
For PBT or CBT : Rs 1550/-
For Both PBT and CBT : Rs 2650/-
- Through DD
Make a demand draft (DD) worth Rs.1100/1550 in favor of "All India Management Association", payable at New Delhi and mail it (along with a printout of the completed MAT application form) to the following address
Manager - MAT
All India Management Association
Management House, 14, Institutional Area,
Lodhi Road, New Delhi - 110003
- Through Debit/Credit Card/NetBanking
In this case, no need to mail the printout of the online MAT application form. You can make the payment online during the process of submitting your application form.
- Through Cash
Students can purchase the registration form against cash payment from AIMA, New Delhi
MAT September 2019 Exam Pattern
MAT 2019 tests a candidate's ability in areas like Language Comprehension, Data Analysis and Sufficiency, Mathematical Skills, Intelligence and Critical Reasoning, and Indian and Global Environment. Our MAT 2019 exam pattern page details the structure of the exam which is an objective-type test with multiple-choice answers.
- Language Comprehension: The MAT syllabus for language comprehension involves testing on basic English grammar, comprehension, sentence phrasing and essay writing
- Mathematical Skills: MAT tests basic mathematical concepts like LCM, HCF, Binary functions, Trigonometry, Geometry, Algebra etc.
- Data Analysis and Sufficiency: Data interpretation involves statistics, trends and data in the form of graphs, pie charts, bar graphs, diagrams etc.
- Intelligence and Critical Reasoning: Logical thinking, social human relationships, cause and effect, statements and conclusions, assumption-premise-conclusion etc, are all tested in this section
- Indian and Global Environment: This section tests candidates on social contemporary happenings, business analytics, world records, current affairs, the effect of global events on India etc.
It is a good idea to solve MAT sample papers to prepare yourself thoroughly.
MAT Admit Card for September 2019
The MAT admit card is usually available for download on AIMA's official website seven days prior to the paper-based MAT. For MAT (may) 2019, the admit card will be available for download on and after 27 August for CBT and 9 September for PBT. Get detailed instructions on how to download the admit card on our MAT 2019 admit card page.
MAT Preparation Books
Preparation for MAT is similar to preparation for other management entrance exams like CAT, XAT, and so forth. What can help you crack this exam is a lot of practice and constant solving of sample papers and mock tests. Having good reference books to prepare from can be a great boon.
Some of the books you can refer to are:
- For Language Comprehension: How to Prepare for Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension - Arun Sharma and Meenakshi Upadhyay, Rs. 546/-
- For Quantitative Aptitude: How to Prepare for Quantitative Aptitude for the CAT - Arun Sharma, Rs. 500/-
- For Intelligence and Critical Thinking: The Hand on Guide to Analytical Reasoning and Logical Reasoning: by Peeyush Bhardwaj, Rs. 300/-
- For Data Analysis and Sufficiency: How to Prepare for Data Interpretation for MAT - Arun Sharma, Rs 484/-
- For Indian and Global Environment: The Mega Yearbook 2017 - Current Affairs & General Knowledge for Competitive Exams - Disha Experts, Rs 299/-
You can find the complete list of MAT Preparation Books here
Participating Institutions in MAT September 2019
The MAT 2019 score is valid for admission to MBA and PG Diploma programs offered by various management institutes or MBA colleges across India and even abroad. There are 162 management institutes accepting MAT (May) 2019 scores for admission to the 2019 - 2019 academic session.
The MAT (May) 2019 results is expected to be declared by the end of September , 2019. MAT results are usually announced by AIMA on their official website (aima.in) in the last week of the month of the exam. Candidates can download their score card with their six-digit registration form number and nine-digit roll number from the official AIMA website.
If you have a question related to MAT, you may direct it to the MAT Question & Answer page. Our expert counselor will reply to your queries.
MAT Contact Details
For all MAT-related queries, you can contact AIMA directly at the email ID email@example.com (no phone calls or fax.)