Benefits of studying international tourism management
Benefits of Studying International Tourism Management
Are you the enthusiastic trip planner of your circle, are you usually the person in your group who knows all the easy hacks to get cheap tickets and luxurious hotels at pocket-friendly prices? Well, if the answer to these questions is yes, then, you can make a career out of your passion for tourism and your extraordinary management skills.
International tourism management is a quintessential career for anyone with great interpersonal skills and hospitable nature. It might be the best opportunity for you to explore various tourist places and network with people around the globe. Being culture enthusiastic and a keen learner of new languages will be an advantage in this career.
International tourism management can be the best career move for you. It involves the management of numerous activities like exploring new tour destinations, planning the tour, providing accommodation and transportation. Hospitality towards customers, confidence, diligence are the few demanded skills in the industry.
Scope of the Industry
International tourism management will provide you with opportunities to work around the world. Even though the travel and tourism countries might have hit a rock since the pandemic, it holds great scope in the future. With people getting vaccinated en masse, countries around the world will start hosting tourists again to rebuild their economies.
Currently, many countries such as Japan, Canada and Italy are funding tourists partially to visit and promote tourism. Some studies even suggest that due to pent-up demand, the industry will experience a boom like never before. Hotels, restaurants, transportation, travel agencies, tour companies, tourist attractions, leisure, recreation and sport, and cultural industries will gradually revive as the covid-induced lockdown gets relieved and people start coming out of their homes to finally quench the travel bug in them.
This renewed demand will open numerous employment opportunities, and according to experts, travel guides, travel managers, lodging managers, travel marketing managers and other fascinating tourism careers will be some of the most sought-after jobs in the years to come.Benefits of International Tourism Management
International tourism gained immense popularity in the 21st century because of its remarkable career opportunities. Mentioned below are some of the topmost benefits of taking up International tourism management:
- International tourism exposes you to a cross-cultural working environment providing a host of opportunities for your career.
- International tourism management is one of the courses which gives you global exposure and elevates your personality.
- The industry is expected to experience rapid growth in the coming decade. This gives you numerous options to work in diverse fields such as management, finance, human resource and hospitality.
- International tourism is a benefit for developing countries as it generates employment directly or indirectly in the country. This makes sure that the industry never goes out of viability.
- A profession in the travel industry is thrilling. It enables you to explore the world, not only places but also meet individuals from different parts of life. The experiences you gather are priceless.
While the international tourism management course seems appealing, there are few essential steps you should take care of.
- You must have an open mind towards different cultures and countries is an essential part of a job with outstanding interpersonal skills.
- You must be proficient in English and learn other foreign languages as well.
- It matters where you get a degree from. The place where you study will decide your future and the opportunities that you may get.
- International tourism is a broad category. Travelling is just one aspect of the field. There is a lot more that the international tourism management industry has to offer. So make sure you do your research before choosing a specialization.
Best International Tourism Colleges in India1. Indian Institute of Tourism & Travel Management - Gwalior
Indian Institute of Tourism and Management is one of the best institutes in India to pursue travel and tourism programs. It was established in 1983 and is an autonomous organisation under the ministry of tourism, government of India. It headquarters in Gwalior with campuses in different states of India such as Goa, Noida, Bhubaneswar, Nellore. IITTM offers various courses in the field of travel and tourism, providing a plethora of bachelor’s and master’s programs including MBA.2. Institute of Hotel Management Pusa - New Delhi
IHM Pusa was established in 1962. This college is a gem when it comes to the field of hotel management. The college also ranked 1st for Hotel Management by Outlook in 2019. IHM Pusa offers an aggregate of 12 courses in the hospitality sector.3. Christ University - Bangalore
Christ University was established in 1969 and was announced as a Deemed-to-be university by the Ministry of HRD in 2008. Christ University offers courses in all streams including hospitality with a multitude of programs ranging from a bachelor’s to MBA.4. National Institute of Tourism and Hospitality management - Hyderabad
NITHM is one of the hospitality universities in India. It was established under the provisions of the Andhra Pradesh Societies Registration Act - 2001 and officially started its operations in 2004. It offers numerous courses in the Travel and Tourism industry offering bachelor, Diploma and MBA programs.5. Amity Institute of travel and tourism - Noida
Amity University is one of the best private universities in India, established in 2005. It was Ranked 11 for Private MBA by Outlook in 2021. This university offers various courses in different fields including Travel, Tourism and Hospitality.Eligibility for Bachelor’s Courses in International Tourism Management
If you are sure that international tourism management is a suitable career path for you, then you must fulfil the following eligibility criteria.
- Higher Secondary Certificate or 10+2 from any stream
- Studying in Arts or Commerce stream from a recognized board in 10+2 is preferred
- Minimum of 50% marks at 10+2 level
- Entrance exam by university or colleges (If any)
- Students must have completed their 10 + 2 from any recognised board or equivalent in any stream.
- Students must have completed a bachelor's degree in travel and tourism management, a bachelor's degree in hotel management or a bachelor's degree in any relevant stream from a recognized university with a minimum of 50% and above as an aggregate.
- Qualifying in Entrance exams like CAT/GMAT/CMAT