Top business schools in India
B Schools (or Business Schools) in India are considered as the next education destinations among students seeking professional education fitting for industry. Entry into B-Schools is open to graduates in any stream for pursuing higher professional education in management discipline. These schools offer Post Graduate Programs leading to the award of Master of Business Administration (MBA) and many other equivalent qualifications, like Post Graduate Program in Management (PGPM), or Post Graduate Diploma Program in Management (PGDPM).
B Schools in India are also called as Business Schools, Business Colleges, Business Institutes, Management Colleges and Management Institutes.
Studying in a Top B School in India is a childhood dream of many aspiring students. To catch the young aspirants at the earliest, B-Schools also offers undergraduate programs like BBA and BBM. These programs are open to students who have completed 12 years’ of school education i.e. 10+2 or equivalent.
Under Graduate Programs offered by B-Schools in India
- BBA – Bachelor of Business Administration
- BBS – Bachelor of Business Studies
- BBM – Bachelor of Business Management
Some of the Post Graduate Programs offered by B-Schools in India
- MBA (Marketing & Sales)
- MBA – IT (Information Technology)
- MBA (Construction Management)
- MBA (Hospital Management)
- MBA (Tour & Travel Management)
- MBA (Shipping Port Management)
- MBA – HR (Human Resources)
- MBA (Industrial Management)
- MBA – Biotech (Biotechnology Management)
- MBA (Finance Management)
- MBA (Textile Management)
For admission into B-Schools in Master degree courses and equivalent programs minimum educational qualification is a graduate degree from a recognized university in any discipline. Admission is offered on the basis of Management Entrance Test, Group Discussion and Interview.
For admission into Under Graduate (UG) programs like Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA), Bachelor of Business Studies (BBS) etc, minimum educational qualification is 10 + 2 from a recognized School State or National Board like CBSE or ICSE. Admission is offered on the basis of performance in the Entrance Test, Group Discussion and Personal Interview.
Entrance Examinations for Admission into B-Schools are grouped as National Level Entrance Examinations and State Level Entrance Examinations. Some of the most popular MBA entrance exams: Entrance (MBA) Examinations
For exclusive details like pattern of entrance exams, eligibility for admission, admission season, and contact details for Admission into B-Schools in India, Click Here. Besides, from B-Schools in India, one may also take certificate courses, job oriented courses, diploma programs, and various other programs. You also can discuss about Admission Procedure of B-Schools in India with our counselor, click here.
India has a whole range of B Schools from State Run B-Schools and Private B-Schools to B-Schools funded by Government of India and autonomous B-Schools. These offer admission during June to August month and issues notifications regarding admission procedure well in advance. Some B-School also offers admission in the months of December and January.
Degrees obtained from B-Schools in India are recognized as degree qualification from University Grants Commission (UGC) of India. The All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) recognizes degrees and certificates of B-Schools as technical qualification.
|Application Forms Now Available|
List of Top B-Schools in India
- Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad
- Indian Institute of Management, Kolkata
- Xavier Labour Relations Institute, Jamshedpur
- Indian Institute of Management, Lucknow
- National Institute of Industrial Engineering, Mumbai
- Indian Institute of Management, Indore
- Faculty of Management Studies, University of Delhi
- S.P. Jain Institute of Management & Research, Mumbai
- Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai
- Management Development Institute, Gurgaon
- Indian Institute of Foreign Trade, Delhi
- Xavier Institute of Management, Bhubaneswar
- Shailesh J. Mehta School of Management, IIT Bombay
- International Management Institute, Delhi
- K.J. Somaiya Institute of Management Studies & Research, Mumbai
- Symbiosis Centre for Management & HRD, Pune
- Institute of Management Technology, Ghaziabad
- Department of Management Studies, IIT Delhi
- Alliance Business Academy, Bangalore
- Welingkar Institute of Management Development & Research, Mumbai
- Loyola Institute of Business Administration, Chennai
- Symbiosis Institute of Management Studies, Pune
- Institute of Rural Management, Anand
- Institute for Financial Management & Research, Chennai
- Nirma Institute of Management, Ahmedabad
Please note: the above list is indicative in nature and is in no particular order. For exclusive 2017 rankings and details about Top 100 B-Schools in India, 2017, go to: