Top 10 Engineering And Technology Colleges in India in 2017 apart From IITs & NITs
The Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) had setup the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) to rank the colleges and universities across the country. The framework outlines a methodology to rank institutions across the country and the parameters broadly covered are “Teaching, Learning and Resources,” “Research and Professional Practices,” “Graduation Outcomes,” “Outreach and Inclusivity,” and “Perception”.
Read: NIRF India Rankings 2017: List of Top 10 Colleges in India
With the admission season in full swing, here are top 10 engineering and technology colleges in India apart from IITs and NITs according to the 'India Ranking Report 2017':
1) Anna University Chennai, Tamil Nadu
2) Jadavpur University, Kolkata, West Bengal
3) Vellore Institute of Technology, Tamil Nadu
4) Institute of Chemical Technology, Mumbai
5) Birla Institute of Technology & Science, Pilani, Rajasthan
6) Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology, Shibpur, West Bengal
7) Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi
8) College of Engineering, Pune, Maharashtra
9) Shanmugha Arts Science Technology & Research Academy (SASTRA) Thanjavur, Tamil Nadu
10) Thapar University
Recent report suggest that single NEET-like examination for entrance to engineering colleges might start from the academic year 2018-19, The AICTE, which oversees the technical education in the country, had discussed at a recent meeting for having a single entrance test for engineering colleges for undergraduate courses. The HRD ministry has told the AICTE that the proposal is in line with the government's policy and a decision will be taken soon.