CAT 2016: Noida Added as a Test Centre, Changes in Registration Form
Candidates who wants to study at IIM Ahmedabad needs to qualify for CAT 2016
With CAT exam 2016 around the corner, there has been few updates and changes regarding the allotment of test centre and modification of CAT registration form. As per the recent update, IIM Bangalore, the institute which is conducting CAT 2016 has incorporated certain changes in the registration form for the exam. CAT 2016 convener, Prof. Rajendra K Bandi, faculty of IIM-B has welcomed the students to pour in their suggestions in order to make this exam more similar to the MBA entrance exams conducted globally.
|Application Forms Now Available|
1. Noida Added as a Test Centre for CAT 2016
Noida, which used to be one of the test centres till 2013 has been added as one of the centres again this year. Since 2014, the test centre at Noida was shifted to greater Noida which created problems for many candidates to reach the place due to poor connectivity and bad weather. The students who had to appear for their test in the morning slot had to face a lot of problems due to it, which is why most of the candidates chose Delhi over greater Noida as their preferred exam centre. This created extra burden on the test centres in Delhi in order to accommodate all these candidates. This year, after repeated requests from candidates of Delhi NCR region to designate Noida as one of the test centres, it has been included in the list of test centres for CAT 2016. To check out the list of other test centres for CAT, click here.
2. Modification of the Registration Form for CAT 2016 and Elimination of Age Bar
The CAT 2016 registration form has been modified keeping in mind the requests of middle to old aged aspirants who were in a dilemma whether they could apply for CAT 2016 since the pattern before the mid 1980’s were 2 years Bachelor’s degree course as compared to the 3 years Bachelor’s degree course followed now. Keeping the query in mind, Prof. Bandi has modified the CAT registration form this year that allows aspirants with 2 years bachelor’s degree to apply. Find out here how to register for CAT exam.
CAT (Common Admission Test) is held by the Indian Institute of Management (IIMs) to enroll qualifying students in their business administration programs. If you have completed your Bachelor’s degree and want to sit for CAT 2016, kindly go through the important dates and other details related to CAT 2016 here.
IIM Bangalore will consider CAT 2016 score to enroll students in its management courses
Courses offered under CAT 2016
1. PGPEM : Post Graduate Programme in Enterprise Management
2. PGPBM : Post Graduate Programme in Business Management
3. PGP : Post Graduate Programme
4. PGP-ABM : Post Graduate Programme in Agri Business Management
5. PGP-UAE : PGP at UAE
6. PGPWE : PGP for Working Executive
7. PGPPM : Post Graduate Programme in Public Policy and Management
8. EPGPM : Executive Post Graduate Programme
9. PGPSM :Post Graduate Programme in Securities Markets
10. PGDHRM : Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management
11. PGDM : Post Graduate Diploma in Management
12. PGPEX : Post Graduate Programme for Executives