Ministry of Culture Fellowship
The Ministry of Culture, Government of India awards the Senior/ Junior Fellowships to outstanding persons in the field of culture.
It was observed that although there are schemes to cover the age group of 10-14 years (Cultural Talent Search Scholarships Scheme) and the age group of 18-25 years (Scheme of Scholarships for Young Artistes in Different Cultural Fields), there were no schemes which would provide the basic financial support either for very advanced training or individual creative effort for revival of some of our traditional forms of arts. The scheme of awarding fellowships to outstanding persons in various creative fields of culture is intended to fill this gap. The scheme would also cover artistes in rural/tribal areas.
Applications are invited from India Citizens for the award of Junior Fellowships to outstanding persons in the Field of Culture 2016. The fellowships are meant to encourage research oriented project in culture and related areas. The applicant should furnish his / her interests proof related academic research and performance related research in culture. However, these scholarships are not meant for providing training, conducting workshops, seminars or documenting memoirs/or writing autobiographies, fiction.
Ministry of Culture Senior/ Junior Fellowships
There will be 400 fellowships awarded every year - 200 each for seniors and juniors:
- 200 senior fellowships with the amount of Rs. 20,000 each per month for the artistes above 40 years.
- 200 junior fellowships with the amount of Rs. 10,000 each per month for the artistes between 25-40 years.
Age will be taken as on 1st April of the year.
Additionally, there may be a one time grant restricted to 20% of the awardees of up to maximum of Rs. 20,000/- or 50% of the cost of the publication, whichever is less, for publication of selected project documents.
Senior/Junior Fellowships in the Field of Performing, Literary and Plastic Arts
- Performing Arts ( Music/Dance/Theatre/Folk Traditional & Indigenous Arts including Puppetry)
- Literary Arts (Travelogue/History & Theory of Literature)
- Plastic Arts (Graphics/Sculpture/Painting including Folk Paintings and Research Work on Traditional Paintings/Creative Photography)
Senior/Junior Fellowships in the New Areas related to Culture
In the ‘New Areas related to culture’, projects are sought in the following fields-
- Sociology of Culture
- Cultural Economics
- Structural and Engineering Aspects of Monuments
- Scientific and Technical aspects of Conservation
- Management aspects of Art and Heritage
- Studies relating to application of Science and technology in areas related to culture and creativity.
- An applicant for senior Fellowship should not have received pension from Ministry of Culture under the scheme for grant of financial assistance to artistes in indigent circumstances.
- An applicant should not have got the same fellowship previously. However an applicant who had been awarded a Junior Fellowship can apply for a Senior Fellowship, provided 5 years have elapsed after the closure of the earlier project.
- Graduation is the minimum educational qualification for applicants in the fields/areas listed above.