SBI Youth for India Fellowship 2016
This rural fellowship programme was started by the State Bank of India (SBI) in March, 2011. The programme is totally funded and managed by SBI. It was conceptualized with the purpose of getting the brilliant, young and talented minds to work towards the upliftment of the rural communities. Fellows, who get selected, would work with experienced NGOs who are supporting the programme. The duration of the SBI Youth for India fellowship is 13 months and it requires the candidates to stay in the rural areas, near the project site. The programme enables the urban youth to connect to the rural parts of our country and get to understand what the problems are at the grass root level and also try to diminish the extremely wide urban-rural gap.
About the fellowship
There is a stringent selection process for the programme. After getting selected, each fellow may choose to work on one of the various projects initiated by SBI and the NGOs. They will work full-time for 13 months on the project after which they may choose to continue in the rural development project with the NGOs, or may look towards taking up social entrepreneurship opportunities. They may also opt for other fellowship programmes or get into the mainstream corporate world and help them sensitize and work towards bridging the divide between urban and rural India.
The process of submitting applications is open now.Only 15 fellowships are on offer for the October cohort of the 2016 - 2017 batch!
|Application Forms Now Available|
- The last date of submission is 20 August, 2016 (up till midnight)
- The shortlisted candidates would be notified by 25 August, 2016
- Selected candidates for interview will be notified by 3 September, 2016
- New batch starts on 3 October, 2016
- Age: 21-32 years old
- Education - Young professionals or fresh graduates
- Citizenship - Indian
There are three steps involved in the application procedure (apply online at www.youthforindia.org), they are:-
- Answering a short questionnaire about the fellowship, the answers to which are available on the website itself. This is to familiarize the candidate with the programme.
- After the completion of the questionnaire, there is a main application form that needs to be filled up with all personal, educational and professional information, future plans regarding career and the medical history. Also two references are needed (barring friends & family). These should ideally be people who have known the candidate professionally, academically or via community services etc.
- The aforementioned main form will also require the candidate to write three essays. These are extremely important and hence the candidates should dedicate ample time for the same.
Selected candidates will be required to appear for interviews across the major cities in India or they may be interviewed virtually if they're residing outside the country at the time.