British Council IELTS Scholarship
The International English language Testing System (IELTS) examination is an internationally recognized language proficiency test. Students who want to study abroad need to take this test as a proof of language proficiency. The British Council has announced the British Council IELTS Scholarship 2017 for students intending to study abroad.
The British Council has introduced the British Council IELTS Scholarship Award with the objective of providing financial aid to Indian Students planning to study in English-speaking country outside India.
Eight students will be selected, each of whom will receive an award of INR 3,00,000, which will go toward the tuition fees. The Scholarship is provided to learn any of the courses offered by the universities.
Applications are invited from students starting January 2017.
|Application Forms Now Available|
Before applying for the Scholarship, the applicant must:
- Be a resident and citizen of India.
- Have taken the IELTS test with the British Council recently, with test date being not earlier than 1 August 2015.
- Have a valid IELTS band score not less than 6.0.
- Provide a valid acceptance letter from the attending institution, which accepts IELTS as part of its admission criteria.
- Must begin an undergraduate or post graduate programme outside India in the academic year 2017.
You can download the application form from the British council's official website. Applicants must ensure that the form is complete to avoid rejection. Along with the completed form, you may need to provide a copy of the IELTS test scores, your recent photograph, a writing assignment and a disability certificate if applicable.
You can contact the nearest British Council Office in your city. You can log on to www.britishcouncil.in for further information.
The programme and other related details are subject to change, please check with the nearest centre or website.