JN Tata Endowment Scholarship 2017 -2018
Mr. Ratan Tata with J.N. Tata scholars
There is no limit to how much one can achieve with a strong resolve, determined mind and big dreams. To set these dreams flying, the bird must often leave the nest and seek other lands. The J.N. Tata Endowment, through its loan scholarships for higher studies abroad, has designed a transparent and flexible endowment that supports proficient students and professionals who want to chase their aspirations.
JN Tata Endowment Scholarship 2017 - 2018
Every year, the JN Tata Endowement selects around 120 students to fund them (through loan scholarships) for their studies abroad (for full-time PG, Ph.D, post doctoral studies). A loan amount ranging between ₹ 1 lakh - 10 lakh is awarded to each selected applicant based on certain criteria. The endowment may or may not cover the full cost of tuition. The amount bestowed to each short listed candidate may vary.
The trustees can additionally give the selected scholars, a gift scholarship for a maximum amount of ₹7.5 lakh from the Jamsetji Tata Trust and a travel grant of up to ₹ 50,000 from the Sir Dorabji Tata Trust.
A candidate must apply for the scholarship at least 45 days prior to leaving India for studies overseas.
- Application forms for 2017 - 2018 are available: January 2017 till 23 March, 2017
- Awards announced: July 2017 (BY MAIL)
|Also read: Get easy loans for 1000+ study abroad courses|
You must satisfy the following criteria to apply for the J N Tata scholarship 2017 - 2018:
- Be an Indian national
- Graduate/student of a recognized Indian university and have a consistently good academic record
- If you are a student, you must be in the final year of a degree course or have appeared for final year examinations and awaiting results
- A good GRE/ GMAT/ TOEFL/ IELTS score
- Experienced academicians, scholars and other mid-career professionals, who are no more than 45 years of age, can apply if they wish to go abroad for further specialized training in their fields
- While applying for this scholarship, you need not necessarily have the admission letter from your chosen foreign university(s). Once you receive the offer letter, you can login again and update your application form.
- You're not eligible for this loan scholarship of you're apply for UG studies or going abroad for a seminar/ conference.
- The J. N. Tata Endowment for Higher Education Abroad takes in applications once a year.
- You have to apply online (jntataendowment.org)
- Upload a statement of purpose (SOP) not exceeding 800 words
- Upload a scanned copy of a recommendation letter (LoR) from your college/ university's professor or employer (if you're working). The letter should be addressed to the trustees of the JN Tata Endowment and should be written on your professor's/ employer's official letterhead.
- Your applications will be screened and if found suitable, you will be informed about an online test
- If shortlisted after the online test, you must attend a personal interview in Mumbai, where you will be asked questions relevant to your field of study. The interviews will be conducted either in Mumbai or through Skype from April 2017 onward.
JN Tata scholars are chosen on the basis of the following:
- Your score in the online test
- Your performance in the interview
- Your academic history
- Your GRE/ GMAT/ IELTS/ TOEFL scores
- Extra-curricular activities & research work
- Your statement of purpose (SOP)
- Your work experience (if any)
Here is some additional information applicants must make note of before applying for the endowment:
- The endowment awards the grant on a one-time basis at the commencement of your course
- You should already have applied for admission to your preferred university before submitting your application form
Contact details for the J. N. Tata Scholarship
Tel Nos.: (022) 66658282, 66657681, 66657198, 66657774
SIR DORABJI TATA TRUST,
BOMBAY HOUSE, 24, HOMI MODY STREET,
MUMBAI 400 001, INDIA