Vishwa Konkani Student Scholarship Fund (VKSSF) programme
Vishwa Konkani Student Scholarship Fund (VKSSF) programme was introduced by the World Konkani Centre in 2010. It was conceptualized with the intention to broaden the education spectrum of the Konkani community. The programme assists the Konkani community students to obtain scholarships to various programmes under different disciplines.
About the scholarship fund
The main criterion for getting selected for a VKSSF is that the student should be Konkani and use Konkani as their mother tongue. Depending on the merit of the student and their means to pursue their field of study, VKSSF grants scholarships accordingly. The scholarships are granted for Bachelors Degree programmes, Masters Degree programmes as well as Study Abroad programmes.
For more on VKSSF please click here.
The application process is open now. It is open from June 10th to July 10th every year for the Bachelors and Masters Degree programmes and over the entire course of the year for the Study Abroad scholarship programme.
Eligibility (Bachelors and Masters Degree Programme)
- Students who are seeking admission to the first year of the selected programme and its respective course are eligible to apply.
- Minimum 70% aggregate required for both the programmes.
- The family income of the student should not exceed Rs. 4.5 lakh per year.
The Study Abroad Scholarship Programme does not have any specific requirements for a student to be eligible for the same.
There are three steps involved in the application procedure:
- A Scholarship Common Application Platform (SCAP) profile needs to be created.
- After signing up to SCAP, 8 sections need to be filled in the profile before proceeding to apply for the desired scholarship programme.
- After completing this section the student can search for the desired scholarship and apply if the requirements are met.
SCAP profile needs to be created only once and it can be updated every year depending on the scholarship program the student wants to apply to.