Junior Hindi Translators Exam 2013 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates interested in appearing for the recruitment exam for the posts of Junior Hindi Translators, Hindi Pradhyapak and Senior/Junior Translators conducted by the Staff Selection Commission (SSC), must make sure they meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Age: Candidates should not be more than 30 years of age as on 1 January, 2013. However the age is relaxed for candidates belonging to the reserved class. For information please log on to the official website.
- Educational Qualifications:
- For Junior Hindi Translators (in subordinate offices) candidates must have a Master's degree or Bachelor's Degree from a recognized University in India with English and Hindi as compulsory or elective subjects.
- For Hindi Pradhyapak post candidates must have either a Master's degree or a Bachelor's Degree from a recognized University in India, or a 2-years' experience of teaching Hindi at Senior Secondary Level.
- For Senior and Junior Translators candidates must have a Master's degree or a Bachelor's Degree in the required fields mentioned in the official website or a recognized diploma or certificate course in translation, or two years' experience in translation work in Central or State Government Offices.
- Degrees from Open Universities or Distance Education Programs acknowledged by Distance Education Council, IGNOU will only be considered.
- Nationality: the candidate must be either a citizen of India, Nepal, Bhutan or a Tibetan refugee who came to India before 1 January, 1964 or an Indian Citizen who has migrated to countries like Sri Lanka, Pakistan, and East African countries, Burma or Vietnam. There must be necessary documents to prove nationality of the candidate.