Things to do on Arriving in Australia
1. Apply for a Tax File Number (TFN) : Click here
Do this first. To receive an income in Australia, you need a Tax File Number (TFN).
2. Open a bank account. Click here
In Australia, most income including salary or wages and government benefits are paid directly into a bank account.
3. Register with Medicare. Click here
The Australian Government provides help with basic medical expenses through a scheme called Medicare.
4. Register with Centrelink. Click here
Centrelink is a government agency which delivers a range of services to the community.
5. Register for English Classes. Click here
Communicating in English is very important and the key to your successful settlement.
6. Apply for a Driver's Licence. Click here
Information on gaining a driver's licence.