Studying in France - Education System in France
Full country name: French Republic
Official Name: République française
Languages: French, Catalan, Basque, Breton, Corsican, and English is spoken in tourist areas but French is the chief language, so knowledge of French is useful. (Read: Popular French terms)
Currency: Euro (€)
Time zone: 3.5 hours behind Indian Standard Time (IST)
Worldwide, students choose France for their higher education. Many opt to study in France from India too. Currently there are more than 4,000 Indian students studying in France. This number is nearly double of the Indian student strength in France 5 years ago.
- The universities here offer extensive flexibility to students in terms of course selection, schedule and timings. You have the option of pursuing either a full time course or a part time course. You can choose the course and the university depending on your schedule. Irrespective of what you choose, the quality of education that you get is always world-class.
- Tuition fee in France is quite affordable compared to other popular study abroad destinations: Cost of Study in France
- You can select the medium of instruction either as French or English.
- Educational institutions in France provide financial assistance that can help you in paying for your education. You can apply for various loans as well as grants that are provided by the French Government and other financial institutions. The government even offers to offset some of your education costs. The French government has developed an ambitious programme with 300 scholarships for the best Indian students.
- The tuition fees are also quite low.
- Apart from these, you can also choose to take up a job while you study. You can even choose a university of France that offers online courses.
- France welcomes students from all countries with open arms. It is quite easy to get a French Student Visa.
Also read: Why Choose France for Higher Studies?