Ireland As a Study Destination
Ireland is a beautiful island, combining contemporary modern cities with an idyllic countryside, cityscapes steeped in history and a rich natural habitat. The Republic of Ireland combines adventure, history, culture, and entertainment into one fascinating place.
Historically, Ireland was always one of Europe’s poorer countries, however, in the last 20 years; it has grown into one of Europe’s wealthiest nations. And the quality of the Irish education system is a major contributing factor to the rapid rate of economic growth Ireland has experienced over the last few decades.
Ireland's worldwide reputation for high quality education is built on the solid foundation of commitment to excellence. Despite being an island nation, it is jam-packed with things that make it a popular destination for students studying abroad.
Pic: Trinity College, Dublin, Ireland
Whether you live and study in a small Irish city or the bustling capital of Dublin, you’ll appreciate both of Ireland’s distinctive personalities: the modern & vibrant social & cultural life as well as the traditional and historic character that is truly Irish.
Top Reasons to Choose Ireland as a Study Destination
- The Irish education system is one of the best in Europe (ranked among the top 20 for its higher education system by the IMD World Competitiveness Yearbook in 2014.) It has close links to industry and is characterized by creativity, flexibility, and pragmatism. Education has been a key factor in making Ireland one of the fastest growing economies in the world over the past decade.
- Many of Ireland’s institutions of higher education are internationally ranked, and with many strong programs (5000+) in a variety of areas (medicine, science, technology, engineering, business, law, languages, literature, history, philosophy, psychology etc.), there is something for almost every student.
- Ireland is an English speaking country, which is one of the top reasons to choose Ireland as a study destination. Students coming to Ireland, find it comfortable to cope up with the course and also with the place.
- Ireland is famous as an international hub for high quality scientific research. Many students from around the world, including India, visit Ireland to pursue research in various fields.
- The country is home to leading global MNCs. In fact, it is the second most attractive country globally for FDI - after Singapore. Mnay brands such as Google, HP, Apple, IBM, Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter, Pfizer, GSK and Genzyme have macde Ireland their main office for Eurpean operations.
- For students interested in studying literature (or even just those that appreciate a good book), Ireland is a great destination. Famous authors like Yeats and Shaw called Ireland home.
- Ireland's emerald landscape and its people are among the most enriching reasons to study in Ireland. Irish people are renowned for their friendliness and hospitality which greatly contributes to the ease with which overseas students adapt to student life in Ireland. Ireland's landscape provides a rich environment for the many outdoor leisure pursuits for which it is famous.
- The advantage of studying in Europe is that it’s relatively easy to get from one country to the next. Take advantage of this by taking a long weekend elsewhere in the UK, or traveling the rest of Europe after your time in Ireland study abroad adventure concludes.
- Ireland has a young vibrant population, with 40% of the population under the age of 25; Ireland is one of the most exciting places in the world to be as a student.
- Ireland is also regarded as a safe country to study and live in. The Global Peace Index ranked it as the 12th "most peaceful country" in 2013.
- Ireland is a highly developed democracy with a modern economy.
- Richness of culture, breathtaking scenery, and friendly people make it an ideal study destination for any international student.
The consistent rise in overseas students coming to study in the "land of saints and scholars" over the last decade establishes the fact Ireland offers the perfect opportunity to enjoy a novel mix of high education Standards combined with an exciting cultural experience.
|Applications Now Open For|