Why Study in Malaysia?
Malaysia is the 11th most preferred study destination in the world, as rated by UNESCO. Here are many more reasons for you to choose this country for your studies abroad!
- Malaysia provides education to more than 1 lakh international students from 100+ countries in its local colleges and universities. (Read: Popular universities in Malaysia))
- Malaysia provides quality education, ensuring all the qualifications are recognized globally. The National Quality Assurance Agency play active role in scrutinizing educational standards all throughout Malaysia.
- English is used as the primary medium of instruction for all courses and study programs conducted at the private higher educational institutions.
- As an Indian student in Malaysia, you may feel totally at home since the 3 largest ethnic groups here are Malays, Chinese and Indians. The country is multi-cultural, with people from many religions as well. (Read: Festivals celebrated in Malaysia)
- Malaysia is recognized as one of the fastest growing economies in the world. Most of the higher educational institutions in Malaysia work closely with the industry and foreign partner universities to ensure that the courses offered are up-to-date and market-relevant.(Read: List of foreign universities with campuses in Malaysia)
- A variety of undergraduate and postgraduate programs are offered here. Also available is the option of "twinning programmes" where you can pursue the 1st or 2nd year of your degree in Malaysia and the final year abroad at partner universities in UK, US, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, France etc. This option is also open to international students in the country.
- Malaysia follows a hassle-free immigration procedure for international students to pursue education in Malaysia. Colleges provide necessary assistance to the international students with their immigration procedures.
- Malaysia is often called a food paradise because of the variety of cuisines available - you will never go hungry here! The food available here is a blend of Malay, Indian and Chinese – as well as the distinctive style of mixed cultures such as Peranakan and Eurasian cooking. With the steady inflow of international students as well as professionals, it is now common to see restaurants serving Western, Continental, Middle Eastern and European food as well. (Read: Indian Restaurants in Malaysia)
- Malaysia is located in a geographically safe zone free from all sorts of natural disasters. It is also politically stable and peaceful.
- The country is quite cosmopolitan in nature, is a haven for shopping and has an active night life.
- Malaysia has a very developed, inexpensive and convenient transportation system which connects to all the interesting cities, towns, villages and other places for the students to explore.