Application Process in New Zealand Universities
Online Application: Many universities prefer online application. You can directly apply online or download the form and send it via email.
Requesting form via Email: You can make an online request for your application form through the university website.
Academic Year: Academic year in New Zealand is different from that in the US or the UK. Being the southern hemisphere, the academic year starts from February and ends in November.
- Academic Transcripts: Transcripts or official records of previous academic qualifications are important documents to be furnished at the time of application. Students are required to submit an official transcript from each college or university that they have attended with full details of the subjects, credits involved and other details like correspondence courses, and diplomas. Some universities might requite you to produce transcripts in a sealed envelope.
- Test Score: Test scores of IELTS (International English Testing System) or GMAT scores for admission to MBA program should be submitted along with your application.
- Letters of Recommendation: Recommendation letters play a crucial part in the selection process. The recommendation letter should come from a teacher who has known you for long or who has taught you for several years.
- Statement of Purpose: The personal essays also play an important role in the selection process. You should carefully design the statement of purpose which will include reasons for choosing a particular course.
- Work Experience Certificates: If you are applying to MBA programs, you need to produce work experience certificates for admission to MBA programs.