Masters in Supply Chain Management - Programs, Colleges, Abroad
Supply chain management field is a vast functioning category that processes and manages products. Supply chain management basically manages transformation of raw materials into final products the process includes various categories that require supervision. In general words, the motive of Supply Chain management is to co-ordinate suppliers and distributors to deliver materials or products to the market or to the customers, the process involves many steps that need supervision in order to manage efficiency and productivity while manufacturing. The SCM team has various functions that require thorough understanding of management.
Masters in Supply Chain management is offered in many colleges around the world, the focus of these programs are to guide and train students with the procedure of SCM. Supply Chain management course is pursued by those who are interested in learning and experiencing the process of product manufacturing. There are various career prospects after pursuing post graduation in Supply chain management. Other master designated courses of supply chain management are:
- MBA in supply chain management
- MS in supply chain management
- Executive MBA in supply chain management
Masters in Supply chain management and logistics is a sister degree course that also focuses on the functions of logistics apart from SCM. Logistics basically means the process of planning, implementing and controlling the flow of goods. Logistics department plays a vital role in manufacturing goods efficiently and is a primary sub category of supply chain management. Other masters designated courses of logistics and supply chain management are:
- MBA in logistics and supply management
- MS in logistics and supply chain management/ MSc logistics supply chain management
SCM degree programs is popularly opted by students in United States of America, United Kingdom, Germany, Canada.
Subjects/Topics Covered in the course
- Logistics and Supply analysis
- Business Process and Operations Management
- Green Supply Management
- IT Applications in SCM
- Outsourcing and Colloboration
- Planning Methods in Operation Management
The course duration for Masters in Supply Chain Management is 1 year.
Best Countries for Masters in Supply Chain Management
Supply chain management in USA is a very popular degree. Since manufacturing and distribution method in USA is well-known, the program structure is designed as such that students can learn the procedure and management techniques of supply chain management in technological aspects.
Other degrees of Masters in supply chain management in USA are:
MS in Supply chain management
There are many universities in United States that provide Master of Science designated supply chain management course. Some of the top universities for MS in supply chain management belong from this country.
MBA in supply chain management in USA
MBA program focuses on management as well as business related modules of supply chain management. Students who keen to learn about SCM along with business as well management can pursue the course in USA. Best colleges for MBA in supply chain management are available in this country.
Masters in logistics and supply chain management in USA
Students can learn about planning, implementing and controlling the flow of goods or products by pursuing logistics and supply chain management masters degree. USA, primarily offers this degree in most of its engineering and business management schools.
Supply Chain management in Canada is offered in various education levels – Bachelors, Post Diploma, Advanced Diploma, and Masters. Canada has many developing manufacturing industries, the course and experience in this country can be quite opportunistic for students. The program is limited, only few reputed universities of Canada offer Supply Chain Management courses. However, supply chain management diploma programs in Canada are offered in many universities.
Other Masters in supply chain management degrees in Canada:
- MBA in Supply Chain management in Canada – Focuses on supply chain management as well as business and management prospects of the field.
- MSc supply chain management in Canada – MSc global supply chain management course is available in Canada which focuses on global operations and management perspective of the field.
- Masters in logistics and supply chain management in Canada and MBA in logistics and supply chain management are not offered in universities of Canada. However, post-diploma courses for SCM are offered in some universities of Canada.
Masters in Supply chain management in Europe – Europe has several universities that are known for business, engineering and management related studies. Top supply chain management schools in Europe are located in Germany and United Kingdom. Masters in logistics and supply chain management in Europe are offered in the universities of Germany whereas United Kingdom specializes in Masters in operations and supply chain management courses.
Supply chain management courses in Germany are offered in both public and private universities. Students who are keen to pursue higher studies in Germany must note that some public universities of this country offer education by incurring no tuition fees which is a great benefit for international students. Pursuing Masters in Supply chain management in Germany will help students in imbibing practical knowledge as well as management skills.
The program structure and quality of education in Germany for engineering and management related studies is reliable and global perspective oriented. The course is available in full-time, part-time as well as online.
Other Masters degrees in supply chain management in Germany:
- MSc in Supply chain management and logistics in Germany
- MBA in Supply chain management and logistics in Germany
- Masters in Supply Chain management and logistics in Germany (MA)
Universities in United Kingdom are popular for operations and supply chain management. Several top colleges offer Masters in operations and supply chain management rather than only specifically focusing on Masters in Supply chain management in UK. An individual must note that even though the course includes guidance of operations in the supply chain field the universities simultaneously teach their students about management in supply chain. It is an added benefit to learn the operations in the field students can explore various functions of the subject by learning about an additional subject along with SCM.
Other Master designated degrees in Supply chain management in UK:
- MSc in operations and supply chain management
- Pre-Master in logistics and supply chain management – Pre-masters is special course that is offered in some of the countries in the world that guides students with the basic knowledge of the subject providing them the ability and skills to grasp the knowledge more efficiently.
Students can pursue Masters Supply chain management in New Zealand through an online degree program. Bachelors in Supply chain management are offered in some of the universities in New Zealand.
Duration of Masters in Supply chain management may vary from 1 to 2 years depending on the country.
Eligibility for Supply chain management Masters' degree
- GMAT or GRE
- Application essay
- Letter of Recommendation
- Statement of Purpose
- Bachelors degree from a relevant university (for Masters)
- Degree transcripts
- English proficiency test – TOEFL or IELTS or PTE
Top universities for Masters in Supply Chain Management:
- Penn State University, USA
- Purdue University, USA
- Cranfield University, UK
- University of Toronto, Canada
- HHL Leipzig Graduate School of Management, Germany
- Massey University, New Zealand
After completing the masters in supply chain management, an individual has several career options and can acquire roles in the varied departments.
- Suppliers relations and purchasing
- Quality control
- Process analysis
- Distribution and Transportation
Upgrade in technology and machinery tools has increased the roles and responsibilities of supply chain management, with growing industries the requirements has also doubled. Students are choosing this course for career development and fairly good salaries.