Student Visa For Singapore
New applications must be submitted at least 2 months and not more than 6 months from the course commencement date. Applicants are not required to be present in Singapore while their applications are being considered. Hence, no extension of stay will be considered while their applications are under processing.
Successful applicants may enter Singapore to complete the formalities after applications have been approved. They will be issued Student’s Passes within 1 month from the commencement date of courses.
Local Sponsor is required for the application of a Student’s Pass. The local sponsor must be a Singapore Citizen/ Singapore PR above the age of 21 years old or the school where the applicant intends to study in. Companies are not allowed to act as sponsors.
Basic Documents Required For Student Visa
- 2 copies for Form 16, Form V36 and Form V39S duly completed and signed by applicant and local sponsor at the relevant sections. (The first set of forms must be original).
- 2 recent passport-sized photographs (BW/Colour) to be pasted on the top-right hand corner of Form 16.
- Applicant’s Official Birth Certificate (in English and photocopy)
- Applicant’s highest education certificates and result transcripts (in English and photocopy)
- Copies of personal particular pages of applicant’s travel document/ passport (photocopy)
Additional documents are required if,
- The applicant is a national from the visa-required countries
- One of the applicant’s parents/ step-parents is a Singapore citizen/ PR
- Applicant’s spouse is a Singapore Citizen/ PR
Note : Successful applicants are required to produce all the original copies of their Basic and Supporting documents for verification when collecting the Student’s Passes.
|Application Forms Now Available|
Visa Form Submission
The completed forms together with all Basic and supporting documents can be submitted through the following ways:
- By Dropping in the Student’s Pass Drop-in Boxes located at:
- Information/ Queue Ticket Counter, Visitor Services Centre, ICA Building 4th Storey, 10 Kallang Rd, S’pore 208718
- By Posting the applications to:
- Visitor Services Centre – ICA Building, 10 Kallang Rd #08-00 S’pore 208718
PRC Nationals may submit their Student’s Pass applications direct to the Visitor Services Centre, ICA
- They intend to take up a full-time course at an approved SQC PEO.
- They are 19 years old and below at the time of application.
- They intend to take up a full-time university degree program at an approved PEO.
Else, Student Pass applications for PRC Nationals are to be submitted to:
The Embassy of the Republic of Singapore- Beijing
|No. 1, Xiu Shui Bei Jie|
|Jian Guo Men Wai, Chao Yang District|
|Beijing - 100600, China|
Visa Processing Time
The processing time for a new Student’s Pass application is about 4-6 weeks for an approved PEO upon the receipt of you application provided that no further verification is required. The local sponsor and the school will be notified of the outcome by post.
- The security deposit will be required only after a student pass application has been approved
- Medical check on the applicant may be required if requested by the ICA
- Applicants/ Students have to abide by the rules and regulations of the ICA during their studies in Singapore