DOMS NIT Trichy
The Department of Management Sciences, NIT Tiruchirapalli, popularly known as DoMS-NIT Trichy, was established in 1978 and has been a popular choice amongst MBA aspirants. Being a constituent department of NIT and one of the oldest B-schools in India, it has an automatic patronage and recognition amongst the students, companies and the business community.
Having ranked as an 'A' category institute in almost all surveys, it was recently ranked among the top five B-schools in the state of Tamil Nadu (according to a survey done by Business Today). Another USP is that DoMS-NIT gives equal preference to non-engineering and non-technical undergraduates as a part of their admission process, despite being under the umbrella of an engineering foundation.
Located 22 kms from the main city of Trichy, the campus is spread over 800 acres and provides all possible facilities to its students. Its infrastructure includes amphitheatre style A/C furnished classrooms with multimedia and audio visual teaching aids, spacious 24/7 open computer support facility and computer centre, central and department library having collection of more than 1 lakh books, and an audio visual laboratory, 24 hrs internet facilities, excellent hostels (16 boys hostel and 1 girls hostel) with inbuilt shuttle court, high speed WiFi, heaters and full time security and much more.
|Application Forms Now Available|
1. MBA (full time, 2 years) programme
- Follows a trimester pattern with a two-month internship at the end of first year.
- The specializations offered are finance, human resource, marketing and operations.
- Industry focused specializations are business analytics and business analysis & IT consulting
- Eligibility criteria is a recognized university degree with 6.5 CGPA or 60% for OC/OBC whereas 6.0 CGPA or 55% for SC/ST candidates.
- Admission process is through CAT 2014, followed by a group discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI) at Chennai/ Delhi/ Hyderabad/ Kolkata/ Trichy/ Mumbai
- Application fees is Rs.1550 for OC/OBC and Rs.1050 for SC/ST
(subject to revision) (Tuition fee of Rs.50,000 exempted for SC/ST students)
Hostel fees: One time fees of Rs.2,200 (Rs. 2000 refundable)
Per semester: Rs.21,600
Institute fees: One time fees of Rs.4,450 (Rs. 3500 refundable)
Semester fees: Rs.54,350
Last date for submitting application through online portal:10 February, 2015
Last date for receiving hard copy of application by post:16 February, 2015
Last date for receipt of photocopy/printout of CAT 2014 scorecard: 16 February, 2015
GD & PI: Feb/March 2015
Course begins: July 2015
2. Ph.D (full-time and part-time) programme
For industry sponsored candidates
Eligibility is a Master's degree and qualification in CAT/AIMA/GATE/UGC-NET JRF or lectureship or equivalent
Admission is based on written test/interview conducted by the department.
DoMS-NIT has an excellent alumni base and an excellent and diverse placement record. Most of the recruiters are regulars and includes some of the top banking, software and consultancy names like Coal India, HCL, Infosys, Karvy, Cognizant, IDBI bank, Wipro,Bank of Maharashtra, ICICI, Tata motors, Federal bank, L&T, HSBC analytics, Renault Nissan etc. The highest package offered for 2014 graduates has been Rs.8.5 lakh per annum, with the average salary touching Rs.6 lakh per annum.
(Also read: Top 100 MBA colleges in India - 2015 ranking)
For more information,
or call: 0431-2503727